These 8 effective exercises will make you feel the burn in your inner thighs in no time.
Add some of the exercises to your next leg day for a home or gym workout.
1) Plank Jacks
- Start in a plank position with your body in a straight line.
- Jump your feet wide keeping your buttocks down. Jump your feet back together.
- Do 12-15 jumps.
Note: You can substitute this exercise to a Sliding Plank putting each foot on a folded towel, paper plate, or gliding disk.
2) Pulsing Lateral langes
- Take a big step to your left pushing your hips backward and lower your body bending your left knee.
- Pulse 3 times, then quickly push yourself back to the starting position.
3) Sumo Jumps
- Stand with your feet slightly more than hip-width apart, toes facing out. Lower into a Sumo Squat and jump up straightening your legs.
- Land in a Sumo Squat again. Do 10 reps.
4) Wide Stance Leg Press
- Start off sitting down on a leg press machine, placing your feet on the platform in front of you slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Slowly, using your hamstrings and quads, push against the platform so that you move backwards, feeling a stretch in your legs and hold for a count.
- Return back to the starting position. Do 12-15 times depending on your weight.
4) Plie Squat
- Start off standing with your feet 2-4 inches wider than your shoulders, with your toes pointed out at a 45 degree angle.
- Squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair, bringing your thighs parallel to the floor.
- With a controlled motion return to starting position.
Note: you can use a dumbbell to add more weight.
5) Inner Thigh Circles
- Lie on the side, propped up on the forearm on floor for support. Straighten the back leg and do 10 clockwise circles then do 10 circles in the other direction. Lower the leg. It will be one repetition.
- Do 10 reps for each side.
6) Resistance Band Clamshell
- Lay on your side with your legs bent and knees together. Put a band around your knees. Open the top knee up slowly and take it back to the bottom knee in a clamshell motion.
- Do 15 repetitions with each leg.
7) Sumo Deadlifts
- Start off with a weighted barbell on the ground and spread your feet very wide apart.
- Bend your knees and body and grip the barbell with one underhand grip and one overhand grip.
- Extend through with your hips and knees to drive the barbell up off the floor driving your hips into the bar.
- Return back to the starting position. Repeat 8-10 times considering your weight.
Note: You can use dumbbell or kettlebell instead of a barbell.
8) Exercise Ball Squeeze
- Lie with your back flat on the floor. Put an exercise ball in between your feet and slowly lift straight legs with the ball up toward the ceiling to make a 90 degrees angle.
- Start squeezing the ball with both feet. Do 5 squeezes and pause. This will be one rep. Repeat 10 times.
Note: If you don’t have an exercise ball, use a medicine one or a pilates “magic circle”.
Get our newsletter! One email per week. No spam. Unsubscribe with one click.