Too much food and booze? Too little activity? Get back into healthy habits with this energizing full-body workout.
- Complete each exercise back to back.
- Do a 2-minute intense cardio burst of your choice after each round. Then rest 2 to 3 minutes and repeat the entire circuit 4 times more.
- bench (exercise box, chair or sofa for elevation)
- free weights
- medicine ball
1) Dumbbell Thruster
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart while holding the dumbbells on your shoulders.
Squat down making sure your hips go below your knees and your back is flat.
- Stand up through your heels and press the dumbbells up at the top of the squat. Use your legs to drive the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms at the top of the press.
2) Alternating Single-Arm Kettlebell Swing
- Take a kettlebell in your right hand and stand with your feet slightly wider then shoulder width apart.
- Bend at the waist and knees and bring the kettlebell down between your legs.
- All in the same motion stand back up and swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
- Take your hand off the kettlebell and catch it with your other hand.
- Immediately go into the next repetition.
3) Romanian Squat With Single-Arm Row
- Stand about 3 feet in front of a bench holding a 15-pound dumbbell in right hand. Place top of right foot on top of the bench. Keeping left heel on the ground and left knee tracking in line with second toe, slowly lower into a lunge, hinging torso slightly forward as you lower dumbbell toward the ground.
- As you press back up, perform a single-arm row with right hand, keeping elbow close as you draw dumbbell up toward right side of rib cage. Do 12 reps, then switch sides to complete set.
4) T Push Up
Works: Core, Arms, Abs, Glutes
Reps: 5 each side
- Get in plank position and lower your chest toward the floor.
- As you come back up, lift your right arm off the floor and straighten it as you rotate your torso to the right until you’re balancing on your left hand and your right hand is pointing toward the ceiling.
- Return to plank position. That’s one rep. Do another pushup, rotating to the left. Do five on each side.
5) Goblet Squat With Rotation
- Holding a 15-pound kettlebell with both hands at chest height, stand with feet just slightly wider than hips and toes slightly turned out.
- Hinge at hips and bend knees to lower to a goblet squat, keeping chest lifted.
- Return to starting position. Rotate torso to the right, keeping the medicine ball close. Return to starting position and continue, twisting to the opposite side each rep.
Get our newsletter! One email per week. No spam. Unsubscribe with one click.