What is the secret behind Lily Aldridge’s toned core, defined abs and slim waist? It’s her diet – and her favorite abs workout.Lily Aldridge’s favorite abs exercises target both upper, lower abs and the obliques. To mold her famous runway figure, the six-time Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show supermodel ups her training regime from three to six gym sessions a week. “I do Ballet Beautiful and I love yoga and Pilates and boxing,” Lily Aldridge said.
Incorporate Lily Aldridge’s abs workout into your workout three times per week.
1) Abs with a Twist
Reps: 10 twists
- Stretch both legs out on the mat and pull the stomach in tight.
- Lift the right leg and left arm and twist the upper body to the right. Hold for a few seconds and change the leg and arm keeping stomach pulled in all the time.
- Repeat 10 times.
2) Side Bends
You can do this exercise with or without a dumbbell.
Reps: 10 per side
- Hold the dumbbell above your head, squeezing your ears with your upper arms to activate your core.
- Pull your abs to your spine and lengthen your spine as you bend slowly to the right. Return to standing upright, and then slowly to the left.
- Keep your pelvis still as you bend to the side.
- Repeat 10 times for each side.
3) Side Plank Dips
This exercise engages abs, lower back, and waist muscles, along with your arms and legs.
- Lie on your left side with your legs extended, your left elbow directly under your shoulder, and your right hand palm down.
- Put your right foot on top of the left. Contract your abs and lift your hips and knees off the mat, keeping the side of your left foot and your left forearm and elbow in contact with the ground. Inhale and slowly return back onto the floor.
- Repeat 15 times for each side.
Modification: you can raise your upper leg straight to make it more challenging.
4) Oblique Side Crunch
Reps: 30 crunches
- Lie on the floor with your lower back pressed against the floor and knees bent.
- Lift your shoulder off the floor and keep this position throughout the exercise.
- Start making side crunches touching your left foot with left hand, and right foot with right hand simultaneously.
- Do 30 crunches.
Get our newsletter! One email per week. No spam. Unsubscribe with one click.