Any bride wants to look killer in their wedding dress. You want to look at your most beautiful on the best day of your life – and that’s ok. Women want a perfect wedding. It needs to be right, otherwise, it’s not worth it.
One of the ways ladies to prep for their upcoming wedding day is slimming down. The right wedding workout can help you give some better, more snug fit. How do you do it? Which wedding workout plans work? What’s the best 3 month workout plan before your wedding?
In this guide, we give you different tips when sweating for the wedding.
First Month of Wedding Workout Plan
Lower Body Every Monday and Thursday
For every Monday and Thursday of the first month, you’re still long out before you save the date. You want to start on your lower body to help work your hips and glutes. Your lower body needs to get shapelier when sweating for the wedding.
Starting this 3-month workout plan, you want to work on the glutes.
- Do glute bridges for 25 reps on the full range and another 25 reps with a pulsing movement. Do these twice for a total of 100 reps.
- Use weights or kettlebells for squats, doing 20 reps of air squats and another 20 reps curtsy squats. Do two sets of 20 for each squat type, doing 80 squats total.
- Do some cardio as well like treadmill running on different inclines for 20 minutes total.
Upper Body Every Tuesday and Friday
On Tuesdays and Thursdays of the first month, you want to focus on the upper body next. If you’re sweating for the wedding, you want to do some light conditioning workout for your upper body.
- Do some 30-second planks and elbow planks, rest and do another 30 seconds. Work on your shoulders and chest with two 15 rep push-ups once you’re ready.
- Once you finish with your conditioning exercise, move towards doing 20 reps of the following.
- Chest presses
- Bicep curls
- Standing dumbbell tricep extensions
- Bent-over barbell rows
Do first set with a 5-lb weight and another one with a 12-lb weight.
- Once you finish, end your wedding workout for the day with 20 minutes treadmill and stretch exercises.
Your Wednesdays will be for cardio and other special classes you take. Whether it’s yoga, Pilates or pure cardio, you want to focus this day for your muscle recovery. Use this to do some light training or workout rest day.
2nd and 3rd Month of Wedding Workout Plans
Once you finish your first month, repeat the same routine on months two and three. The difference for you will be adding intensity every couple of weeks. For your wedding workout plans, add:
- 2 – 4 lbs of weights
- 0.25 to 0.3 miles faster
- 1% more treadmill incline
Repeat this for your entire 3-month workout plan.
When it comes to your wedding workout, start as early as you can to slim down. Depending on your discipline, 3 months are the absolute least amount of time you would need for results. If you can start earlier, do so. Are you looking for more wedding guides? Take a look at our other fitness tips and find out what works for you.