No need to go to Spain to try paella. Here is an easy recipe so you can enjoy the original paella at home!
Homemade Paella Valenciana Recipe
- 2 chicken legs cut in pieces
- 4 jumbo shrimp
- Half a of kilo mussels
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 big onion
- 500g of rice
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup of Olive oil
- 1 Can of peeled tomatoes
Instructions for sauce:
- Place the oil in a pot, once the oil gets hot add the sliced onion and let it get brown then add the tomatoes and let it cook on low fire till the water from the tomatoes dry.
- Once the water is completely evaporated from the pot, blend it.
- Over a medium flame, place chicken in a large flat pan with hot oil. (We are using this authentic paella pan that is ideal for a big company)
- Add the sausage and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the bell peppers, onions, and ½ of the peas.
- Add the cleaned mussels.
- Add the rice.
- Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add passata di pomodoro (tomato mixture)
- Add 2 Tbsp of thickened vegetable stock (or bouillon cube)
- Add twice as much water as rice.
- Let cook 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and remaining green peas.
- Let it cook another 10 minutes and enjoy!