Want slim, sexy legs? This fat-burning Tabata workout will give you lean, shapely legs to wear with your short skirts or tight jeans.
Slim Legs Tabata Workout
This workout will work all your leg muscle groups including inner and outer thighs. Before getting down to a workout itself, start with a good pre workout warm up and stretching.
Pre Workout Warm Up and Stretching
Do each exercise for 30 seconds with no rest.
1) Step Touch
- Step from side to side holding your hands in front of you.
2) Lateral Bounding
- Start in a shallow squat with your weight on your right foot, and leap sideways as far as you can go to the left, landing on your left foot and bringing the right foot to the left. Immediately reverse directions and jump to the right.
3) Jump Rope Drills
- Stand with your legs slightly bent, your arms bent, and your hands out to your sides.
- Begin jumping and at the same time rotate your shoulders and arms as if you are jumping rope without the rope.
4) Standing Hamstring Stretch
- Stand with one leg just in front of the other.
- Bend the back knee and rest your weight on the bent knee.
- Tilt the hips forwards as if sticking your bum in the air.
- Pump for 5 seconds. Continue with the other leg.
5) Squatting Leg-out Adductor Stretch
- Stand with your feet wide apart. Keep one leg straight and your toes pointing forward while bending the other leg. Lower your groin towards the ground and rest your hands on the ground.
- Move from one leg to the other.
- Place the feet wide apart. Press down through the right hand and lift the arms towards the sky alternately, look straight ahead or look up.
- Maintain a straight spine and keep the legs straight but not locked.
Slim Legs Tabata Workout
Tabata is a great way not only to burn your fat quick but to strengthen your muscles. If you are short of time, this 4-minute full body Tabata is a great workout for you. We also use this timer from amazon to easily follow all the intervals.
Works: glutes, quads, hamstrings, inner/outer thighs
Complete each exercise for 30 seconds with a 10 seconds rest. After finishing all the exercises, rest for a minute and do another round. Do 3-5 rounds in total.
If you need some weights for resistance, get pair of dumbbells.
1) Squat to Kick Back
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Move into a squat position and put your weight on your heels.
- Lift up your right leg straight behind you, while keeping your hips pointing forward (don’t twist them to the side) and extending arms forward. Return to starting position and switch sides.
- Continue alternating sides for 30 seconds.
2) Plie Squat
If this is too easy for you, try Dumbbell Plie Squat
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder distance apart and toes turned out. Lower your torso in a squatting position keeping your back straight and abs tight.
- Pause for 2 seconds and get back to a starting position.
3) Static Lunges
You can do dumbbell lunges to strengthen your legs even more.
- Stand in a split stance with the right foot forward and the left leg back
- Keeping your torso straight bend the knees and lower the body down until the back knee is a few inches from the floor.
- Change the legs.
4) Side Kicks
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and your arms in front of you.
- Slowly extend right leg to the sideways to hip height.
- Keep your inner thigh parallel to the floor.
- Continue with the other leg.
If you want to focus more on inner and outer thighs, check these 8 effective inner thighs exercises or these 10 exercises that help you lose fat on your outer thighs.