Curious how one Victoria’s Secret Angel Doutzen Kroes tones and tightens her booty to such perfection? Here is the Doutzen Kroes butt workout that makes your butt round and perky too – if you put in the time and effort!
As an ambassador for one of the world’s most popular lingerie brands, Doutzen Kroes knows the power of her physique. Describing her own style as ‘casual chic’ the Dutch supermodel says that she loves wearing jeans, emphasizing that making sure her bottom looks good is of the utmost importance.
Here is Doutzen Kroes’s favorite butt workout, so that you can rock that booty too.
Do one set of each exercise back to back with little to no rest in between moves. After the last exercise, rest one to two minutes, and repeat the full butt workout one more time.
To add more challenge to your butt workout, use ankle weights.
1. Standing Glute Kicks
Reps: 20 glute kicks per leg
- Stand tall, and place your hands on your hips or in front of you for better balance.
- Put all the weight in your right leg, keep both legs straight, and lift your left leg directly behind you.
- Isolate your glutes to feel the burn.
- Keep your left foot flexed, and work on lifting your heel as high as you can without leaning your torso too far forward.
- Engage your core to keep the balance.
- Lower your left leg so it’s parallel with your right, slightly touching the ground. Then lift it back up behind you.
- Repeat 20 times and then lift your leg another 20 times so it’s slightly out to the side to target your outer glutes.
- Repeat with the other leg.
2. Curtsey Lunge
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, hands in front of you.
- Take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right. Bend your knees and lower your hips until your right thigh is nearly parallel to the floor. Keep your back straight.
- Change the leg. Do 20 repetitions.
3. Plie Jumps
This is a great dynamic exercise that tone your abs, glutes and legs and burn calories.
- Stand with your legs about two feet apart, toes turned out, and hands on your hips.
- Jump off the ground, bringing your feet to hip-width apart and landing softly on your feet until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Repeat for 60 seconds.
Note: isolate the glutes and rotate from your hips, not from your lower back.
- Start by lying on your left side, with your knees bent.
- Put your right leg on top of the left with the feet together.
- Maintain a neutral spine. Don’t let the top hip move backwards.
- From this position, raise your knee slowly using your gluteus medius. Hold it on top position for 5 seconds. Slowly lower it back.
- Do 20 repetitions.
Modification: add a resistance band to make it more challenging.
5. Reverse Glute Raise
- Lie face-down on a fitness ball with your hands flat on the floor.
- Keeping your legs straight, lift them until your thighs are in line with your torso.
- Squeeze your glutes as you lift your hips. Pause, lower them to the floor.
- Do 20 repetitions.
Modification: you can do it on the bench or hyper reverse machine.
That’s it! Do the Doutzen Kroes Butt Workout once or twice a week and you will see results in no time.