Breast implants are going to completely revitalize your look and give you the body that you have always wanted. That advanced procedure might be exactly what you need to restore your confidence, but there are some steps that you will need to take if you want the results to be eye-catching. With a little bit of planning and a skilled surgical team by your side, you can rest assured that the amazing results of your breast augmentation procedure are going to last for many years to come.
Conducting a little bit of research on your own is the first thing that you should do if you are considering this cosmetic operation. Skimming over some breast augmentation before and after photos will give you a much better idea of what types of results can be produced with this procedure. You will also need to take a closer look at some of the materials that can be used in breast implants:
Both these implants can be very effective in certain situations, but those two materials have their own pros and cons. You might want to take a closer look at potential incision sites as well. The location of each incision is going to impact your recovery as well as the results.
Contacting Your Surgeon
After you have done a little bit of research and taken a look at some breast augmentation before and after photos, it is then time to contact your surgeon to schedule the first consultation. Meeting with your surgeon a few weeks before your procedure is one of the most important steps in this process, and it will give you the opportunity to ask any questions that you might have. You and your surgeon must also go over your medical history as well as any medications that you are currently taking. With that information, your surgeon will be able to determine if you are healthy enough for the breast augmentation procedure.
Getting Ready for Your Procedure
There are a few lifestyle changes that you might need to make as you get ready for your operation, and your daily habits could have a major impact on your recovery. Healthy patients have a much lower risk of developing post-op complications. Your surgeon is probably going to suggest that you follow a relatively strict diet and get plenty of rest in the weeks leading up to your procedure. If you currently use tobacco products, then you must quit those as well. Another step that you will need to take is setting up a recovery area. That area should include a comfortable place to rest and easy access to a bathroom.
Just Before Your Operation
Here are some important information to know before your breast augmentation operation:
- The breast augmentation procedure is typically carried out with a general anesthetic, and that means you will need to avoid foods and liquids in the hours leading up to your operation.
- On the day of the procedure, a loved one will have to drive you to and from the surgical center. When you arrive at the center, you will be guided to a private room where you can get comfortable.
- Once the surgical team is ready, your anesthetic will be administered so that you sleep through the entire operation.
- Following your surgery, you are going to be groggy and sore for at least a few days. Luckily, those side effects typically fade away by the third or fourth day.
- Within five or six weeks, the average patient can resume all activities.