Sweet doesn’t mean always bad and unhealthy. We chose 7 healthy sweet treats that will satisfy your sweet tooth and won’t add a pound on your waist. Eat them without any guilt.
1. Cheesecake Cookies
For the cookie dough:
- 1 Sleeve of Crackers (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose floor
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
For the cream cheese filling:
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, stir together the cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In a medium bowl, beat together the butter with the sugar using a mixer. Add the egg white and beat until well combined. Add to the cracker crumbs and blend until just combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese with the sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- Take the cracker crumbs dough and make little balls, then flatten slightly, pressing your thumb in the center of the ball to create a small bowl shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. Spoon the cream cheese into the indents in the cookies.
- Bake for 20 min.
2. Stuffed Apricots
- 8-10 apricots
- Goat cheese or any light cream cheese
- Honey, nuts (optional)
Cut the apricots in half, remove the pits.
Grab a small piece of cheese and place it in the center of the apricot. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with nuts.
3. Sweet Pumpkin Cookie
- 200g buttercup pumpkin
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Forest Fruits Jam
- Cut pumpkin in pieces and boil for 20 min, or until is tender.
- Smash the tender pieces of pumpkin.
- Sift flour, nutmeg, sugar, butter and salt into a bowl.
- Mix until resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Beat eggs in a different bowl and mix it with the buttermilk.
- Save a little eggs and buttermilk mixture for later.
- Add the eggs and buttermilk mixture to the flour.
- Add the pumpkin to the mixture.
- Stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Take small portions of dough and make rounded shapes
- Put in a lightly floured tray
- Pour the remaining egg and buttermilk mixture over the biscuits
- Bake for 15 min.
- Serve with jam.
4. Watermelon Cups
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- Scoop out center of each watermelon cube from top.
- Put watermelon cups to serving platter. Cut and mix fruits in medium bowl.
- Spoon fruit mixture into watermelon cups.
- Top with cheese.
5. Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 big or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 3 tbls tahini
- Can of beans (chickpeas)
- 1 lemon
- Salt, pepper
- Peel one large sweet potato and then chop it. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive, salt and black pepper. Stir the potato with hands.
- Pre-heat the oven and roast the potato in 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Let the potato cool. In blender, combine the sweet potatoes with a can of beans, 3 tablespoon of tahini and 1/2 lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper. Pulse it until smooth.
- Serve with vegetable chips or crackers.
6. Strawberry Pavlova
- 200g fresh strawberries, quartered
- 150ml light cream
- stevia or any other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 8-10 Meringue Nests
- Strawberries and mint, to decorate
- Cut strawberries in quarters and place in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- Place cream, stevia, vanilla bean paste in a bowl. Use an electric beater to whip until soft peaks form. Gently the strawberries.
- Divide strawberry cream among the meringues and top with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
7. Honey Roasted Nuts and Fruits
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
- Coat parchment paper or foil with cooking spray.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat and stir in honey and cook 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles around edges.
- Add nuts and next 5 ingredients, and cook over medium heat until nuts are golden, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins.
- Immediately spread onto prepared baking sheet; cool completely.
- If they are sticky after they cooled, put them them in the refrigerator.
Check these 8 healthy treats from our Australian fitness foodie to never cheat on your diet.