Hunger strikes and you’re looking for something delicious? No need to cheat on your diet – our favorite Australian fitness foodie Sarah Ravindran, better known as FitandFiesty, shares 8 of her most yummmm treats.
1. Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
2 tbsp Coconut Flour (find on fitandfiesty.com)
1/2 scoop Balance Sports Nutrition Australia Whey Protein (Cookies and Cream or Vanilla)
2 tbsp Chobani Plain Greek Yoghurt
2 tbsp Milk of Choice (I used Blue Diamond Almond Breeze)
1 egg white
Pinch of Baking Powder
Sweetener if desired
- Combine all ingredients in a mug.
- Microwave for 2 minutes,until cooked through checking every 30 seconds. The end result should spring back when pressed.
- Top with more Greek Yoghurt, a Cookies and Cream Quest Bar or an Oreo- if it fits your macros
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Icecream
1 large Banana, frozen
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Balance Sports Nutrition WPI)
2 tbsp Almond Milk (or any milk of choice)
1/2 Double Choc Chunk Quest Bar OR 1/4 cup Cacao Nibs, both of which you can find here
Sprinkle of Coconut Shreds
Peanut Butter Sauce (Optional)
1 tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder
1 tbsp Almond Milk
1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- In a strong blender, blend chopped banana pieces, protein powder and almond milk. It should end up in an icecream/smoothie like texture but if it’s too thick, add more almond milk.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and freeze while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Chop up Quest bar or Cacao Nibs.
For PB Sauce
- Microwave the Almond Milk for 10 secs. While it is still warm, stir in PB and protein powder.
- Take Icecream Mixture out of the freezer, top with Cacao Nibs/Questbars and then drizzle with the Peanut Butter Sauce.
- Sprinkle Coconut Shreds on top, just to be a little fancy.
3. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Serves: 6 Cups
1 cup Coconut Oil
6 tbsp Agave Syrup or other liquid sweetener 120g Cacao Powder
1 tsp of Peanut Butter PER cup (or any other nut butter) Toppings of choice
- In a saucepan, over a low heat, melt the Coconut Oil.
- Take the pan off the stove and stir in the Agave and Cacao Powder.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp each into a lined muffin case then leave to set in the fridge for 10mins or until hardened. You should only have used half the batter.
- Remove from the fridge and place the tsp Peanut Butter in the middle of the cups. I used closer to a tablespoon (#sorrynotsorry).
- Top the cups with the remaining chocolate batter and place back into the fridge for 15mins.
- Just before the cups are fully hardened, top with desired toppings. I used Goji Berries, Desiccated Coconut and Seed Mix.
4. Protein Yoghurt “Wake-Me-Up”
Greek Yoghurt- No Fat, No Sugar Added
Chopped up Questbar of Choice (I used Strawberry Cheesecake)
Any of your favourite fruits (I used Grapes and Berries)
- Combine all ingredients and devour!
5. Sweet Potato Fries
1 Large Sweet Potato
Sweet Paprika (or ground paprika)
Cayenne Pepper (can omit if you’re not a fan of hot stuff)
- Preheat oven to 450F/220C
- Cut Sweet Potato into strips
- Toss with Olive Oil and spices, to taste.
- Lay out on a tray lined with baking paper and put into oven for 15mins.
- Take tray out and flip pieces onto the other side and place back in for 10-15mins.
Tips: When baking the fries, spread them out to ensure that they become crunchy.
6. Protein Chocolate Pavlova
8 egg whites
4 tsp. Sweetener (e.g stevia or agave)
4 tsp. Cacao Powder
1/2 c Cacao Nibs or Dark Chocolate
1 can coconut cream, chilled
1 scoop @balancesportsnutrition WPC/WPI Chocolate or Vanilla
Fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form and continue beating while gradually adding in sweetener,
- Fold cacao powder and nibs into egg mixture then spoon onto a lined baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in oven and reduce heat to 140C.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Reduce heat again to 120C and bake for a further 25 mins.
- Turn heat off and leave oven door closed until completely cooled.
- TOPPING: whip coconut cream and add protein powder until soft peaks form.
- Spread onto meringue just before serving and top with berries and crumbed chocolate. If you don’t have protein powder, that’s totally cool- just add a little sweetener into the cream and Greek yoghurt.
7. Rice Paper Rolls
Canned Springwater Tuna, from a can
1 Avacado, sliced
Leafy Green Mix
Soy or Sweet Chili Sauce
Rice Paper Rolls
- Combine all ingredients in a rice paper roll.
- Wet the edges with water and fold together.
8. Healthy Chicken Salad Wrap
Recipe and Photo Credit: www.facebook.com/effortlyss
1 large whole wheat tortilla wrap
Slices of grilled chicken, cut into thin slices
2 large tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
1 cup lettuce
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt (optional!)
- Spread all ingredients onto your whole wheat wrap and fold.
- Slice into two and enjoy!