Who said cream sauce can’t be healthy? Our homemade avocado pesto cream sauce is so light and healthy that you can enjoy it even for dinner. Here is our easy-to-follow video recipe.
Avocado Pasta Pesto Recipe
- 1 large avocado
- 1-4 cloves garlic (raw or roasted)
- 500g tortellini
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 2 lemons, juiced + pinch of zest
- big handful of greens (basil or other leafy greens like kale, arugula, spinach, parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
- topping: nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, greens garnish
- Boil water and add tortellinis. Cook until tender. Drain pasta.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend on high until silky smooth.
- Pour as much sauce as you’d like over top the pasta – start with a small amount and add more until it is creamy to your preferences. Toss well. Make sure the pasta is still very warm/hot when you add the sauce so that the pasta warms the sauce.