This delicious Italian dish is so easy to make yet to tasty. Check our light and quick Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi recipe.
Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 500 g of ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of salt
- Italian tomato sauce
- Place the spinach leaves in a pot without water. Cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- In bowl mix spinach with ricotta cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, pepper and 1 cup flour (save the other half cup for later).
- Take a tablespoon of dough and make elongated shapes. Sprinkle the remaining half cup of flour over one tray and place the dough forms and pass them in flour again.
- In a large pot with boiling water, place a pinch of salt and boil the gnocchi until they start to float up. Remove them from the water and then drain.
- Serve the Gnocchi with Italian tomato sauce and some parmesan cheese.
If you like easy, light, healthy food, here are some tasty veggie summer fast food video recipes.