Gluten free, vegan and super cheesy cassava pizza in our easy video recipe. You’ll enjoy it over and over again!
Cassava Pizza Recipe
Cassava is incredibly versatile; you can boil, bake, steam or mash it, make bread, pancakes, and muffins. Here is a very simple, yet tasty, way to make a pizza with a crispy crust and cheesy filling that won’t add an inch to your waist.
- 500g Cassava Roots (around 3 big Cassava Roots)
- 1TBSP Salt
- 100g Bacon
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 Scallion (chopped)
- 300g Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups of cream
1 cup of parmesan cheese
For the pizza base:
- Grate the cassava and set in little balls inside of a tissue to squeeze all of the water from it.
- Squeeze until it’s really dry.
- Spread it all in a plate and mix it with 1 TBSP of salt.
- Turn on the kitchener and heat the pan.
- Set the dried-salty cassava and place it like a pancake.
- Cook for both sides until gets golden (10 min on each side approx.)
For the Cream:
Add two cups of cream in a bowl along the parmesan cheese and blend.
For the topping:
- Set in a pan the bacon and cook it until gets crunchy, then add the onions and the scallion, cook briefly (3min). Then take out the pan.
- Set the pizza base on to the baking pan or ceramic pizza stone (We use this pizza stone for baking. It makes the crust so crispy and keeps pizza warm longer) and spread the cream, then add the mozzarella sliced, and the cooked toppings (onions, scallion and bacon)
- Put in the oven (350F / 180C) and bake for 20 min.
If you are having a party or planning a family dinner, this healthy and easy homemade hummus will save your guests from getting hungry.