The ketogenic diet offers a great way of losing weight in a healthy manner. It’s all about getting into a state called ketosis, and in this article, we tell you just how you can enter this state fast.
The Ketogenic diet is all about losing weight in a healthy manner, and it has gained tremendous popularity over time. Step into almost any gym these days, and you’ll hear people talking about the proper keto meal plan. Conversations about the fastest way to get back into ketosis after a carb up are commonplace, and this high-fat diet really has the power to change people’s lives for the better. The diet is predicated on getting into a state called ketosis. So what is it, and how can you get into it? Let’s find out more.
So what is ketosis, and what’s it all about? When the body needs energy, it looks towards burning glycogen stores that come from carbohydrates. When this isn’t available, the body will enter a natural state called ketosis, where the metabolism burns fat for fuel instead of carbohydrates. As a result, the body can shed a lot of weight and also becomes more efficient at losing weight. A great success, as long as you can maintain ketosis. Let’s look at how it’s done.
Getting Into Keto
The nutritional science around ketosis is pretty exact. Maintain a healthy diet comprising 75% fat, 20% best keto protein, and 5% carbs to get your body used to fat coming in. It’s also important to stay hydrated and not to develop any “keto flu” symptoms. The whole diet is predicated on carbohydrate restriction, so avoid carbs as much as you can!
You can speed up the whole process with a few healthy practices:
- Take the best keto supplements that can manipulate your metabolism and get into ketosis quicker.
- Engage in 30 minutes of intense exercise a day to burn additional calories and glycogen stores.
- Make sure you consume quality monosaturated fats and no junk food. If it isn’t good for you, don’t eat it.
- Get your vitamins and minerals from nutrient-dense low-calorie berries such as raspberries and redcurrants.
- Consume leafy greens which are full of water, minerals, and low in carbohydrates. Avoid carby root vegetables at all costs.
Hopefully, now you know how to get into ketosis fast and use it to your potential. We’re sure that after following our tips, you’ll lose weight safely. All the best.
Lucas Cappel is a nutritionist by profession, a life coach, and also a fitness enthusiast. He is a freelance writer who mainly focuses on nutrition and diet. He and his wife have set up a home gym where they work out from. Furthermore, Lucas is a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. Reach him at email@example.com.