These six moves will maximize your strength, build lean muscles and burn fat at minimum time.
You need: bench or any other platform, free weights, mat, resistance band.
1. Plyo Push-Up
- Start off in a push up position on the floor with your arms fully extended at shoulder width and keeping your body straight.
- Slowly descend to the ground by flexing through your elbows, lowering your chest towards the ground until you feel a tension in your chest.
- As soon as you feel a stretch in your muscle quickly push yourself back up so that your hands leave the ground.
- Return back to the starting position and repeat.
- Place a box or bench in front of you and grab a dumbbell in each hand with a palms up grip.
- With one leg, step up on to the box and raise your other leg up (as if taking another step).
- At the top of the step curl your arms up bringing your biceps towards your shoulders, squeezing the bicep muscles.
- Return to the starting position and switch legs.
- Start by lying on your right side with legs extended out, one foot on top of the other and placing your right elbow right underneath your right shoulder.
- Elevate your hips and draw inward towards your spine, lifting the body onto the forearm and hold for 30 seconds to a minute then lower back to the floor.
- Start off by grabbing a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up and standing up straight with your feet together, your back straight and your abs drawn in.
- Allow your arms to extend down fully in front of your thighs.
- While keeping your body straight, take a step sideways and then bend your waist and your knee into a lunge.
- As you go into the lunge curl your arms up towards your shoulders contracting your biceps, squeezing the muscle.
- Hold for a count and then return to starting position and switch legs.
5. Sissy Squat
- Start off by standing up straight, with your feet shoulder width apart next to either a smith machine or support structure.
- Bend slightly with your knees, place one arm across your chest and use the other to hold onto the support.
- Slowly lower your body backward, while raising your heels off of the ground, squatting down until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings and hold for a count.
- Return back to the starting position.
- To begin this exercise; stand on a band so that it is evenly distributed to be pulled by each arm.
- Grab the handles and press your arms up so that they are at shoulder level.
- Then using your shoulders, raise the hands above your sides so that they are above your head then lower the handles back down to the starting position.
Get our newsletter! One email per week. No spam. Unsubscribe with one click.