These six moves will maximize your strength, build lean muscles and burn fat at minimum time.
You need: bench or any other platform, free weights, mat, resistance band.
1. Plyo Push-Up
- Start off in a push up position on the floor with your arms fully extended at shoulder width and keeping your body straight.
- Slowly descend to the ground by flexing through your elbows, lowering your chest towards the ground until you feel a tension in your chest.
- As soon as you feel a stretch in your muscle quickly push yourself back up so that your hands leave the ground.
- Return back to the starting position and repeat.
- Place a box or bench in front of you and grab a dumbbell in each hand with a palms up grip.
- With one leg, step up on to the box and raise your other leg up (as if taking another step).
- At the top of the step curl your arms up bringing your biceps towards your shoulders, squeezing the bicep muscles.
- Return to the starting position and switch legs.
- Start by lying on your right side with legs extended out, one foot on top of the other and placing your right elbow right underneath your right shoulder.
- Elevate your hips and draw inward towards your spine, lifting the body onto the forearm and hold for 30 seconds to a minute then lower back to the floor.
- Start off by grabbing a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up and standing up straight with your feet together, your back straight and your abs drawn in.
- Allow your arms to extend down fully in front of your thighs.
- While keeping your body straight, take a step sideways and then bend your waist and your knee into a lunge.
- As you go into the lunge curl your arms up towards your shoulders contracting your biceps, squeezing the muscle.
- Hold for a count and then return to starting position and switch legs.
5. Sissy Squat
- Start off by standing up straight, with your feet shoulder width apart next to either a smith machine or support structure.
- Bend slightly with your knees, place one arm across your chest and use the other to hold onto the support.
- Slowly lower your body backward, while raising your heels off of the ground, squatting down until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings and hold for a count.
- Return back to the starting position.
- To begin this exercise; stand on a band so that it is evenly distributed to be pulled by each arm.
- Grab the handles and press your arms up so that they are at shoulder level.
- Then using your shoulders, raise the hands above your sides so that they are above your head then lower the handles back down to the starting position.