Ahhh Victoria’s Secret models… their legs go on for days. And that’s without the killer heels they wear. So how does one keep the legs in such fine form?
While your legs won’t magically get longer, with the Lindsay Ellingson Leg Workout, these exercises will tone and shapen them – and strengthen your glutes and quads.
Do 3 rounds with 15 reps for each exercise. Repeat the Lindsay Ellingson Leg Workout 2-3 times per week.
1. Skater Jumps
With this move, you burn both calories and work on your thighs, glutes and calves. The key is to stay as low as you can.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
- Hop to right, landing on right foot while sweeping left foot diagonally behind right leg and swinging left arm across body and right arm behind back.
- Jump to left, switching legs and arms to complete 1 rep.
- Repeat for 15 times.
2. Plie Squat
- Start off standing with your feet wider than your shoulders, with your toes pointed out at a 45 degree angle.
- Keep your hands in the center of in front of you.
- Squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair, bringing your thighs parallel to the floor.
- With a controlled motion return to starting position. Do 15 repetitions.
Modification: To add some difficulty, try Dumbbell Plie Squat.
3. Side Jumps
Get your heart rate up and increase leg strength. Keep in mind that on the runway you do not walk like this.
- Stand straight abs engaged and arms bent by sides.
- Bend your knees and lean forward slightly from the waist.
- Jump to the right side then pause and jump to the left as if you are jumping over an invisible line.
- Do 15 repetitions.
4. Standing Hip Abduction
This works the inner thighs (hello, thigh gap!) to get you a Victoria’s Secret-worthy silhouette.
- Wrap the band around your ankles.
- Stand with your hands on your hips and your feet about hips-width apart.
- Shift your weight to the left foot and lift your right foot off the ground. Brace your glutes as you lift your right leg out to the side as far as you can without compromising your posture. Pause, then return to a starting position.
- Complete 15 times and continue with the other leg.